By way of a reader, I recently learned of Uniqlo’s Easy Exercise Innerwear line of calorie-consuming shapewear. By the looks of it, this product has been available since around July 2010.
Easy Exercise Product Overview
This inner wear was designed by a joint research team consisting of members representing UNIQLO, Toray, and Tokyo University to really promote calorie consumption through daily activities. By wearing this garment every day, you will be exercising more and achieving positive gains.
This exercise inner wear garment has been designed to help you burn calories just by being worn.
- Ultra-thin nylon fabric, sweat-wicking and quick drying
- Transfer film affixed on the back next to the sides designed to apply slight pressure on the back muscles, resulting in gently tightening the back when garment is worn
- Printed parts attached to the fabric around the shoulders administer tiny amounts of resistance to the skin and muscles on a constant basis. Result: Increases the amount of exercise provided to upper body
Product Line Information
- Boxer Briefs, two kinds, dark grey & black. Price: $19.90 & $29.90
- Undershirts, V-Neck & Crew Neck, white & black. Price: $19.90 & $29.90
- Only available in-store
Does it work?
I’m a huge fan of Uniqlo undershirts. They make some fantastic products that feel great on the skin, and offer them at extremely affordable price.
The question is whether or not this line of performance innerwear can actually, and notably help you burn more calories just by wearing them.
I guess one could argue that if you add any additional resistance to a garment, you could potentially burn more calories wearing them than if wearing standard undergarments. But the question is whether or not you’d ever be able to tell the difference.
I could speculate, but I won’t.
But, I am interested in trying out the products to see for myself. If you live in New York City, and happen across a Uniqlo, please stop in let me know if they are carrying them. If so, maybe I’ll arrange to pick up a set and give them a test drive.
If you’ve tried them out, please let me know what you think of them in the comments section below.
Category: Mens Shapewear