Man, for a second there I thought I had my head in the ground when I thought I had missed the launch of the new Spanx for Men Compression products. Thankfully, they only just launched yesterday, so I don’t feel as bad. I was catching up on my reading this morning and came across this article where the author, Andy Wergedal, posted the following information about the new line:
Starting this fall, Spanks for Men will have a full line of manderwear. The Spanks Cotton Compression Undershirts which were launched last February were so popular that now they’re launching two more lines of men’s shapewear, including the Zoned Performance undershirts, tank, crew neck, and V-neck shirta in black and white; and the Cotton Comfort brief and boxer brief bottoms, available in September. All can be found at Neiman Marcus and on spanx.com.“Men love our cotton compression shirts and were asking for underwear to match,” says Spanx founder Sara Blakely. We wanted to give them the really comfortable underwear with benefits and actually created an innovative 3D mesh pouch that gives guys plenty of stay-cool breathing room. This season we’re also introducing the Zoned Performance undershirt, a physique-improving, seamless wicking undershirt with targeted compression zones that will transform the torso and chest.” Shirts are priced around $58.
I quickly headed over to Spanx.com and found that the new Zoned Performance, physique improving undershirt line (crew neck & v-neck: $78 retail, and tanks: $75 retail) were indeed available for purchase! This new line is different from the Cotton Compression line in that it’s made from 92% nylon/8% spandex and looks like it could be a fantastic compression undershirt to wear during sporting activities, like working out, etc. Being made mostly out of cotton, its Cotton Compression brother line was more a regular undershirt replacement than an active-wear garment, but the new Zoned Performance compression undershirt line looks really exciting and I can’t wait to try them out and report back here!
I emailed my friends over at Spanx HQ to see if I could learn a little more about the new line, and they sent over the following info:
- For seamless, maximum shaping and an instant transformation, he’ll love the SPANX Zoned Performance Crew Neck ($78), V-Neck ($78), and Tank ($75) in sizes S-XXL and colors white and black:
- Designed to perform every time, powerful targeted zoned compression and seamless design keep posture, love handles, and guts checked.
- Don’t sweat it! Shirts feature Breatheasy™, moisture-wicking cooling zones through underarms and back.
- Lumbar support zone improves posture.
- Athletic design allows for maximum mobility.
As I get more information filtering in about the new line of compression undershirts and the underwear, I’ll report it here! In the meantime, take a look at the gallery of pictures of the new product lines below!
8/29/10 – Update: Got more information from Spanx HQ about their Spanx4Men product lines. Two main additions: 1) more details about the pricing for new underwear line, 2) found out that S4M Cotton Compression undershirts will be available in heather grey soon too!
The SPANX Comfort Cotton Underwear is available in two classic styles, the Brief ($38) and Boxer Brief ($48) in sizes S-XXL and colors white, black and grey. Trunk fans stay tuned – coming next spring!
- Innovative 3D pouch designed for comfort and support.
- Breatheasy™ mesh around pouch keeps groin cool.
- Compression cotton hugs body and keeps its shape.
- Comfortable elastic waistband won’t dig in.
- The boxer brief features an anti-chafe design.
The best-selling SPANX Cotton Compression Undershirt is available in three staple styles: Crew Neck ($58), V-Neck ($58), and Tank ($55) in sizes S-XXL and colors white, black and new for fall heather grey launching in September.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Spanx for Men Zoned Performance Undershirt Review | The Undershirt Guy Blog | September 21, 2010