I’ve been slacking a little bit on my reviews as of late, but I wanted to take a few moments to talk about the Posture Shirt from Evidence Based Apparel.
For those of you in a hurry to find out what I think, take a look at the title of this post, and the following comment I made last month in the comments section of the initial article I wrote about the Posture shirt:
mark, i totally agree with you here and i’m so glad that you stopped by to provide your feedback on the eba posture shirt.
it is not very often where a product completely lives up to it’s claims, but without a doubt the posture shirt does with flying colors. when i wear it, my shoulders sit back, i stand up more upright, and walk around with much better posture.
- Bottom line: It works. Yes, the Posture Shirt will immediately pull your shoulders back once you put it on and keep your shoulders in a slightly pulled back position throughout the day. Of course your shoulders are allowed to fall forward a bit, but the active straps (neuro-bands) that keep your shoulders back actively remind you where your proper shoulder position should be. I’m really bad with slouching forward or not standing up straight pretty much all day long, but every time I wear the Posture Shirt, the neuro-bands help pull my shoulders back and I sit, stand, or walk in a more upright position. In fact, I’m wearing it now as I write this post!
- For the purpose it serves, it’s affordable and worth the $99.95 investment
- It can be worn under a variety of clothing and is comfortable enough to wear all day long
- It doesn’t make you warmer when wearing it. I wore it several times throughout the summer, and stayed pretty comfortable regardless of the outside temperature
- It’s not difficult to put on or take off
- It looks cool. In fact, I’ve worn the Posture shirt by itself to the gym several times over my Ardyss Abdomen compression tank
- You get a little chest flattening. No compression in the midsection, so don’t buy this thinking you’re getting a slimming undershirt, because it’s not, nor is it designed for that purpose.
- They offer a poly/spandex version for active wear and a cotton/spandex for daily wear. Of course you can wear the poly/spandex for daily wear too
- The product is offered in a Men’s style as well as a Women’s style
- It’s made in the USA
- Mrs. Tug notices my improved posture *wink*
The Not So Good
- The garment can pinch slightly in the front armpit area. You can size up to minimize this, but you won’t get the full posture improvement effect
- The bottom hem is a wee bit tight, and will roll-up from time to time
- Because the bottom hem is a little tight, I find it’s best for me to tuck the Posture Shirt into my underwear. Otherwise, my underwear would bunch or get pulled up some
- The polyester version of the Posture Shirt has a vague rubbery smell to it. Not good or bad, but just an observation
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for a posture improving shirt for daily wear or active wear, buy a Posture Shirt from Evidence Based Apparel/AlignMed. You will not be disappointed. I guarantee it.
Oh, and you can get discounts when you purchase a bunch. Check with the company for further details.
Category: Undershirt Reviews
Sites That Link to this Post
- Posture Shirt Sale. Buy Two, Get One Free! | Undershirt Guy Blog | July 25, 2015