Here’s a quick email exchange I had with a reader looking for a non-ribbed (jersey, interlock) tank top he could do some screen printing on.
I’m looking for a tank top similar to the one in the attached JPEG, but without ribs. I want to print custom artwork on it and I doubt that the ribbed variety will work (I don’t know that for sure). It seems that the artwork would stretch out of shape even if the ribbed material would take ink. I’d prefer 100% cotton. Any suggestions?
Thanks very much.
thanks for your question.
seems to me like you’d find something like that at one of the t-shirt wholesale places where screen printers buy their products from.
i have a list of those companies here:
http://www.undershirtguy.com/other-places-to-shop-for-undershirts/ (check the wholesale t-shirt section)
you can also check with:
- this site: http://www.jakprints.com/tank-top-printing (shows some different options for tank top printing)
- 213 apparel (www.213apparel.com)
- blanks+ (blanksplus.net)
- us blanks (usblanks.net)
- * what you’re looking for is a tank made with a jersey-type fabric (non-ribbed)
a couple other things:
- if you haven’t already done so, take a look at: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/ – lots of great info there
- you can print on 2×1 ribbed fabric – best results i’ve seen are via discharge printing or sublimation. i don’t know much about either, but i know those processes seem to print well on 2×1 fabric.
hope that helps! let me know if you have any other questions.
oh, be sure to keep me posted. i’d love to see your final product and the custom artwork that you’re going to be printing on the tanks.
Category: Ask Tug