For those of you looking for athletic moisture wicking compression shirts (i.e. non-slimming like under armour) that won’t break your pocket book, here are some product finds that you might find interesting.
Love your site and I’m hoping you can point me in the right direction for a questions I have.
I recently purchased some compression shirts for exercise from Target (http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-men-s-power-core-compression-shirt-assorted-colors/-/A-11178046) and I love them. So much so that I want to switch from cotton undershirts to them. However, I had two problems with the C9 shirts.
1. The logo shows through light-colored dress shirts.
2. The $15+ price tag is a little more than I want to spend on an undershirt.
I love the polyester/spandex blend of the shirts. Is there a good quality undershirt with similar construction? Is it possible to find this type of shirt for $10 or less?
Affordable Compression Shirts
my sincerest apologies for not getting back to you sooner, but my inbox gets full pretty quickly and sometimes (like in your case) an email slips through the cracks.
off hand, i’m not sure of these shirt’s price points, but i know they offer compression or moisture wicking:
- check out some of the items from tactical 5.11 (http://www.511tactical.com, or http://www.lapolicegear.com/)
- evapor compression t-shirt from eastbay ($11.99/per on sale) – looks like a good find! on the company’s website directly (old amazon link, no longer working: http://www.amazon.com/Eastbay-EVAPOR-Compression-Crew-Yellow-Gold/dp/B003A6XOVS).
- not compression, but the moisture wicking undershirt from campbellsville apparel is really nice (http://www.camapp.com/productDetails.php?id=1)
- coolclothingusa.com has some non-branded compression shirts, but they might be out of your price range
- walmart has a starter compression tee that’s pretty cheap, but there is a little logo on the chest
- badger makes a good compression undershirt, i have one and it’s pretty nice and no prominent logos (http://www.amazon.com/Badger-Performance-Sleeve-Compression-T-Shirt/dp/B003OBWQIG)
- new balance also offers some compression t-shirts with minimal branding
i’m pretty sure one of the above items should work out for you, so take a look at the above suggestions and let me know if you find something you like. also, if you wind up buying one or more of the above items, email me back and let me know what you think about them. ok?
Do you know of any others?
If so, tell me about them in the comments section below.
Category: Ask Tug