Note: Lots of folks wondering what I think of Funkybod. Check out the information at the bottom of this article!
Call me strange, but I get really excited when I come across or learn about new undershirt products.
Suffice it to say, I was near ecstatic when I happened onto the Funkybod Muscle Enhancing padded undershirt recently!
I was excited mostly because I’ve had a handful of readers looking for a padded undershirt (that will make them look bigger), like this guy who wrote me back in November:
Hey Undershirt Guy,
I saw an article a few months back about padded undershirts (http://www.undershirtguy.com/patented-padded-undershirt-inventor-seeks-licensing-deal/) and was curious to know if you had seen any updates on this. I’m an already-skinny guy who’s had surgery in the recent past, and I’ve ended up losing quite a bit of weight. Rather than get more looks on the street like I’ve broken out of a labor camp, I was looking shirts like this up.
I also received an email not too long ago who was trying to get in contact with Greg Cross, a guy who used to put together some home-made padded undershirts about 4 years ago.
Problem was there were no other folks making padded undershirts and Greg Cross was no where to be found. Funkybod to the rescue!
Funkybod Padded Undershirt Features
- Chest plates giving a pumped look
- Shoulder plates to give a broader look
- Bicep plates giving bigger biceps
- Tricep plates giving bigger triceps
- Lats plates to enhance the lats
- Feels realistic to the touch
- Looks and feels like a T-shirt, designed to be worn as an under garment. Shortened sleeves so as not to be visible when worn under a shirt with cuffs
- Fabric: Viscose from Bamboo
£49.95 ($75.01 USD)— Price is now £29.99 ($48.48 USD) + P&P
- Shipping Cost to US: Unknown
The $75 price tag is pretty steep, but it’s comparable in price to some higher-end compression/slimming undershirts.
Seems like a reasonable price to pay for a product like this, especially considering you probably will likely purchase one or two and just wear them on the occasions where you want look a little beefier.
Maybe I’ll be able to get my hands on one of these puppies in the not-too-distant future and I can let everyone know what I think.
10/18/13 – Update
Readers are writing in wondering what I think of Funkybod…
Hey Tug! I need help with the following: Is the Funkybod shirt worth the money?
thanks for stopping by my site and for sending in your question!
i will say that being “worth the money” is highly subjective, but the funkybod undershirt does exactly what it says it does.
i mentioned some of that in this article:
i have the black one, and while i don’t personally need it to look bigger, i can say that the shirt is comfortable, looks to be pretty decent quality, fairly lightweight, and does provide the illusion of additional bulk/muscles when i’ve worn it. note the stuff about the sleeve length in the above article which limits you to wearing longer sleeved shirts.
if you’re looking for an undershirt to make you look bigger, i think you’d be pretty happy with funkybod.
A follow-up Question
Are the shirts cut small? I’m concerned with the arms, I don’t want them to slide up while I’m wearing it. Are they snug enough if I need a large undershirt?
So I just re-tried on my funkybod undershirt to refresh my memory of the fit.
here’s what i noticed:
- my medium sized funkybod is form fitting everywhere, including the arm
- i pulled the sleeve up my forearm until i felt it was close enough fitting that it would not slip around. at that point my forearm measures 9.5″ around. that’s a size medium, so a small would be tighter. meaning, if your biceps are larger than around 9″ around, the funkybod undershirt sleeve should fit ok and not move around
- the shirt fits well, but has a slight itchiness to it. nothing that would keep me from buying it if i needed something like it, and that itchiness may very well go away after a few washes
- it’s a little on the short side, so it doesn’t have a lot length to tuck in like a typical undershirt. though, that could be by design too based on how people would wear it.
hope that additional information helps!
Sites That Link to this Post
- Funkybod Launches Sleeveless Padded Undershirt | Undershirt Guy Blog | July 25, 2015
- Undershirt With Pectoral? Try Funkybod | Undershirt Guy Blog | August 10, 2014