I guess v-neck undershirts are getting pretty popular! I know that’s what I usually wear.
Here’s a question from a reader who’s looking for a v-neck undershirt with a wider neck opening:
I switched to v neck undershirts hoping that the collar would not show. That helped with the front of open collared shirts, but, the side of the collar is visible between my neck and what ever shirt I’m wearing. Do you know if anybody makes v-necks with a wider opening?
Here’s my reply (with some additional details I recently added):
Thanks for your email and for your question!
If you’re looking for v-neck undershirts that have a wider horizontal opening, you may want to check out:
- Collected Threads – This company specifically makes a 100% cotton undershirt, priced at $12.99 plus shipping, that has a wider and lower v-neck opening (called the JT) that is designed to address the issue you are having. I have not ordered from them before, so I can’t vouch for their product, but they do have what you’re looking for based on what you described.
- American Apparel – I’ve seen some deep v-neck undershirts, like the ones Memphis on “Big Brother” wears, that are not only cut deep vertically, but also provide a wider opening horizontally. You may want to look at the TR456 as that appears to have a slightly wider opening. Here’s a link to some deep v-neck undershirts on American Apparel’s website.
Let me know if you wind up trying one of these undershirts. I’d love to share your experience with my readers.
Thanks for reading!
Sites That Link to this Post
- Ask Tug: Are there undershirts that will allow you to show some chest hair without showing the shirt? | The Undershirt Guy Blog | October 6, 2008
- Ask Tug Update: V-Neck Undershirt with wider neck openings | The Undershirt Guy Blog | September 29, 2008
- Ask Tug: Is there a V-Neck Undershirt with a wider neck opening? · | August 26, 2008