Here’s someone frustrated with undershirts that have sagging collars…
i was wondering, are there any kind of undershirts out there that are just plain white WITHOUT a tag.
in addition to no tag, i also want want with no writing where the brand would go (such as hanes or jockey)
i wear my undershirts backwards because the back hugs your neck and wont sag down.
any help? PLEASE. i’ve been looking everywhere.
p.s. they can have a tag if you can cut it out, i just want it to be where you cant see any writing of any kind when its worn.
I did some research and have some ideas for you to consider in finding an undershirt that offers what you’re looking for.
Category #1 – Undershirts without a stitched-on or printed-on garment label
- I could only find one company that offered a shirt without any tags. Bare Apparel offers a distressed vintage t-shirt that comes in multiple colors, including white, for a fairly reasonable price of $9.60. While I normally wouldn’t consider a distressed t-shirt as an undershirt, this shirt is a mere 4.5oz., so it would likely work pretty well as an undershirt because it’s so light. The kicker is that they only ship via FedEx Home Delivery, so the cost to ship one shirt is well over $8.00 making the total cost for one shirt $17.60. Of course, if you order more, your per shirt cost goes down
Category #2 – Undershirts that have a stitched-on garment label that should be able to be removed
- Campbellsville Apparel offers a 100% combed cotton undershirt. I wrote a review on this undershirt a few months ago and found it to be a decent undershirt for the price. The good news, is that this undershirt has a stitched-on garment label that could easily be removed.
- TownCraft undershirts. JC Penny now markets this product as Stafford, but you can find the original TownCraft-branded 50% polyester, 50% combed cotton undershirt on sites like eBay at a pretty good discount.
- Fashion Drive. I came across this website last week and noticed that they sell a 100% cotton heavy weight undershirt, but based on the product pictures, these undershirts look to have a tag that can be removed.
Category #3 – Companies that offer white undershirts or light weight t-shirts that may have stitched-on garment labels
- American Apparel – These guys have a pretty good reputation for making some nice light-weight t-shirts. They do have a 7-pack of Fine Jersey short-sleeve t-shirts that may be able to double as undershirts, but they may be a little too expensive at over $13 per shirt when you include shipping.
- ShirtDistributor.com offers a 5oz slightly fitted white cotton tee priced at $5.03 each. You’ll need to check to see whether or not their shirts have a label that can be removed.
Category #4 – This is my favorite category, because there may be a few undershirts that offer tight enough collars and you might be able to wear them forward!
- I didn’t mention it above, but the combed cotton undershirts from Campbellsville Apparel actually have a pretty tight collar and you may want to consider trying them out.
- 5.11 Tactical Utili-T undershirts from lapolicegear.com. I reviewed this undershirt in June and noted the tight-fit collar. Take a look at the review and judge for yourself.
- I was visiting Mrs. Tug’s parents recently and it occurred to me that my father-in-law always wears undershirts around the house. What stood out during this visit was the collar on the undershirt. The collar on his undershirt fit his relatively narrow neck pretty snugly and I couldn’t help but to ask what kind of undershirt he was wearing. Come to find out, he wears the Kirkland Signature-brand undershirts from Costco! Unfortunately, they don’t sell them online, so you might just want to jump in your car and head to your local Costco and see if you can find them.
I could probably go on, but I won’t
I hope the above information helps you in your search. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to email me.
Thanks for reading!
Sites That Link to this Post
- Ask Tug: The quest for the Towncraft Undershirts begins | Undershirt Guy Blog | November 12, 2010
- The Undershirt Guy Birthday Bash! I’m Two Years Old Today!! | The Undershirt Guy Blog | May 8, 2010
- Ask Tug: Tight Collar Undershirts that Don’t Sag or Stretch Out | The Undershirt Guy Blog | March 31, 2009
- Ask Tug: Is there an alternative to Hanes ComfortSoft? | The Undershirt Guy Blog | February 10, 2009
- Ask Tug: Are there Undershirts that have a collar that doesn’t stretch out or sag after wearing it a couple of times? | The Undershirt Guy Blog | December 18, 2008
- Ask Tug: The quest for the Towncraft Undershirts begins | The Undershirt Guy Blog | October 3, 2008